Campus Rec offers a variety of services for you – our members. For questions and customer service, please visit our Membership Services Desk.
Equipment Checkout & Lending Program
There’s really no need to worry about bringing your own equipment to the Rec Center. We have basketballs, volleyballs, pickleball, weight belts, and so much more to help make your time here fun and worry free. Our Outdoor Resource Center (ORC) also lends out mountain bikes, camping gear, kayaks and more to help you on your way to an awesome trip off of campus.
Membership Services Desk – Indoor Equipment
Field House – Rec Field Complex Equipment
Outdoor Resource Center – Outdoor Pursuits Equipment
Weight/Cardio Room Desk – Fitness Equipment
We do have policies for checking out equipment or borrowing from the Outdoor Resource Center (ORC). Be sure to read them ahead of time!back to top
We offer three types of guest passes – University Sponsored, Guest, and Spectator.
University Sponsored Passes
Departments on campus hosting a program (conference, workshop, clinic, etc.) may request that participants (18 years and older) have the ability to use Campus Rec facilities via a sponsorship pass.
- The sponsoring department head must submit this form at least seven (7) business days prior to the event.
- A list of sponsored participants will be kept at the Membership Services Desk.
- Sponsored participants must present valid government-issued identification and conference, workshop, or clinic name badge (if applicable) at the time of the purchase.
- The sponsoring department will take full responsibility for the conduct of their guests and any destruction of equipment or facilities caused by guests. This includes social interactions and financial liabilities.
- Fee: $10.00 per guest per day.
- Individuals (18 years and older) will be admitted to the Rec Center when accompanied by a current member with a valid UTSA ID Card.
- The limit for the number of guests per sponsor is two (2) per day.
- Guests must present a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID, military ID, or passport) prior to entering and upon payment of guest fees.
- A Guest Pass form must be completed at the time the guest fee is collected.
- If a guest and the same sponsoring member return later that day, they must re-present photo ID and their paid guest pass receipt for the same day.
- Solicitation to gain facility access is prohibited and is grounds for refusal of entry, removal from a facility and/or surrender of paid guest fees.
- The sponsor will take full responsibility for the conduct of their guests and any destruction of equipment or facilities caused by guests. This includes social interactions and financial liabilities.
- Guests must remain with their sponsor at all times and leave when the sponsor leaves.
- Sponsors must check out equipment and towels for guests.
- Guest may not participate in Intramural Sport activities.
- Guest Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Guest Passes are valid for one day only.
Spectator Pass (Intramural Sports Only)
back to top
Individuals (18 years and older) will be admitted to the Rec Center when sponsored by a UTSA student, faculty or staff who is participating in an Intramural Sport.
Minors (18 years and younger) will be admitted to the Rec Center along with the sponsored adult spectating the Intramural Sport and must be supervised at all times the by sponsored adult.
The sponsor must sign for the individual and is responsible for the actions of the individual while attending the Intramural Sport.
Spectators are not allowed to participate in any Campus Rec activities and must remain in the area of the Intramural Sport.
Racquetball Court Reservations
back to top
- Reservations may be made up to one (1) day in advance by calling 458-7575 or in person at the Membership Services Desk.
- To reserve a court you must provide your name, membership ID number and the time you want to use a court.
- Reservations are for one hour and are made on the hour.
- There is a one reservation per day limit.
- To confirm your reservation and play, check-in at the Membership Services Desk first.
- You must check-in within 15 minutes after the hour to keep your reservation. Reservations not claimed after 15 minutes will become open courts.
Locker Use & Rentals
- Locker rental is available to Campus Rec members on a semester basis (no annual rental).
- Rent at the Membership Services Desk (Main Campus) or the Fitness Center (Downtown) beginning on the first day of classes.
- You will have access to locker rentals in the locker room that corresponds with your gender identity. If your gender identifier in Banner does not correspond with your gender identity, please contact Assistant Director for Member Services via e-mail so that we may make appropriate accomodations.
- Locker rentals are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You may share your locker, however, only the individual that rented the locker will have access to locker numbers, combinations, or contents after clean-out.
- Locker combinations will not be given out over the phone.
- Lockers not renewed or cleaned out by the expiration date will have the contents removed and stored. Items will be donated to charity after 14 days.
Semester Rental Cost
Downtown Fitness Center
Daily Rentals (only available at the Rec Center)
Coin Operated Lockers
- Coin operated lockers available on the first-floor main corridor.
- Personal locks are not allowed and will be removed by Campus Rec Staff immediately.
- Belongings may not be left overnight in coin-operated lockers and will be removed by Campus Rec Staff at closing each night.
back to top
- Day-use lockers are available on the second floor and by the racquetball courts.
- You must supply your own lock.
- Belongings may not be left overnight and will be removed by Campus Rec Staff at closing each night.
Campus Rec provides complementary towel service to members. Present your UTSA/Rec Card when checking out or returning a towel. We encourage you to utilize our towel service.
back to top
- A fee of $1.00 will be assessed for non-return of workout towels.
- A fee of $5.00 will be assessed for non-return of shower towels.
back to top
- Guided tours are available upon request.
- Current Campus Rec Members are allowed to showcase Campus Rec facilities by giving tours to family and friends at least 18 years of age.
- Any group with someone younger than 18 years of age is required to be led by a Campus Recreation Staff Member.
back to top
- Campus Rec offers a variety of sports equipment and accessories for sale located at the Membership Services Desk and Weight Room Desk.
- We accept cash, check, credit card, or UTSA ID Card.
- Our offerings may change regularly and are limited to what we have in stock.
back to top
- Campus Rec offers members the opportunity to access the World Wide Web.
- Methods of Connection:
- Wired Access Ports for laptops
- Air Rowdy
Stop by our Meet the Trainers table located in the weight room to check your body composition with our handheld bioimpedance device. For skin fold measurements, sign up for a free Fitness Assessment at the Membership Deskback to top