To enter any Campus Rec facility, a UTSA Card or Campus Rec ID is required.
If you are a current student, then you are a current Campus Rec member!
- Current UTSA students may participate in Campus Recreation programs and enter facilities by presenting their valid UTSA Card.
- If you have an academic class in the Rec Center, you still need your UTSA Card to enter the facility for your class.
Spring semester students registered for the following fall semester are eligible to purchase a summer membership for $120 at the Membership Desk.
- Summer memberships are valid mid-May through Mid-August.
- Accepted methods of payment include credit card, check, cash and Rowdy dollars.
Non-Student memberships are available to: current or retired UTSA Faculty/Staff, UTSA Alumni, Visiting Interns/Researchers and Spouse/Domestic Partners of current members.
- All non-student memberships are $30.00/month.
- Memberships are on a per-month basis. You may purchase multiple months of membership in advance.
- Your UTSA Card will be used as your Rec Center entrance card.
- If you do not have a UTSA Card, you will be issued a non-transferrable Campus Rec ID Card. If you lose the card there is a $5 replacement fee.
- Spouses/Partners of UTSA Faculty/Staff or of Student Campus Rec Members may purchase a Class W parking permit from Business Auxiliary Services.
- The permit is valid in unmarked spaces in Brackenridge Avenue Lot 2.
- Only current UTSA Faculty/Staff Campus Rec members and current UTSA Students are eligible to participate in Intramural Sports or Club Sports. However, all members may take advantage of everything else Campus Rec has to offer.
UTSA faculty and staff are eligible to purchase a membership with Campus Rec.
- Accepted methods of payment include payroll deduction, credit card, check, cash and Rowdy dollars.
UTSA Faculty/Staff in non-student or non-contract positions are eligible to have their membership fee deducted directly from their UTSA paycheck via payroll deduction. Please print and fill out the Payroll Deduction Authorization Form (below) and bring to the Membership Services Desk to start your application.
Due to paperwork processing procedures for payroll deduction, memberships (new or cancelations) must be received by the 14th of the month to ensure proper billing at the first of the following month. If you want to begin your membership immediately, you can pay for the current month, at a prorated amount, using another form of payment the day you register.
If you register your membership after the 14th of the month, and you want to begin your membership immediately, you will need to pay the balance for the current month and the next month because payroll deduction will not be processed for those two months.
Payroll Deduction Authorization Form
Payroll Deduction Cancelation Form
Visiting Interns/Researchers (non-UTSA students) directly conducting work for UTSA have the option to purchase a membership with Campus Recreation via sponsorship. See Non-Student Memberships.
- Sponsored Interns/Researchers must present valid government-issued identification at the time of purchase.
- The sponsoring department head must submit a written request of sponsorship on UTSA letterhead listing the name of the Intern/Researcher and the start and end date of the sponsorship to Rob Ramon, Assistant Director of Operations, at least 7 business days prior to the arrival of the Intern/Researcher.
- The sponsoring department will take full responsibility for the conduct of their guests including but not limited to damages to equipment or facilities, social interactions, and financial liabilities.