How do I join a club?
- Contact a club from the list provided in the Club Sports Overview.
- You may also contact the Assistant Director of Club Sports.
What are the requirements to join a club?
- UTSA students must be enrolled in at least 1 hour per semester and maintain an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Transfer students entering UTSA may begin playing their first semester if overall transfer GPA is 2.0 or higher.
- Playing in competitions with a club are subject to national governing body or league rules. Some are 1 hour, 6 hours, 9 hours or 12 hours. Contact the club or the Assistant Director of Club Sports for more information.
- If a student falls below the GPA requirement, they will be placed on probation for a semester.
How do I form a new club sport?
What does Campus Rec do to support clubs?
- Clubs recognized by Campus Rec are afforded the opportunity to use university logos (with Campus Rec approval) and to use the name UTSA in competition.
- Limited funding is provided for certain equipment purchases and types of travel. Clubs will need to fundraise for additional funding.
- First-year clubs must be self-sustaining with regards to funding, as opportunities for them to receive funds will be limited.